Sunday, December 10, 2006

Saturday night, tractors, law school, & POS cars

1:14 am Saturday night
I just walked in the door from the law library.
Thinking: Damn, if this was not law school and I was regular Joe, I would not be coming in just yet. And if I was, I would be hammered.

Anyway. My neighbor (obviously inebriated – which is indicated by the angle by which her car is parked) has left her parking lights on. So I knock on her door, and call her, and I sent her a text message, all to no avail. The car lights remain on.
Not to worry. After years of driving a POS automobiles, I grew accustomed to carrying a wide variety of tools. Tools such as coat hangers; butter knives; duct tape; a variety of fuses; and of course, jumper cables in my car. (At one point I actually carried the front fender of my car in the back seat for a while - but that is another story.) I was “POS Car Super Jerry-rigger Extraordinaire”. After actually buying a real quality non-POS, I refuse to ever go back. I just hope that this one makes it through law school. If not, I will have to borrow my dad’s tractor.
Living in Montgomery, I would obviously need an alarm installed on it.
And since this is Montgomery, I will obviously need to get some sweet rims on it as well. I wouldn’t want anyone to laugh at me for driving a tractor to school without rims or at the very least some chrome spinners. I think John Deere green and chrome would go great together.
I could cruise into the law school parking lot, use the front end loader to push that annoying little Mercedes Benz out of the way and always have a parking spot right up front. I could lower the plow attachment onto the car behind me (that way it wouldn’t get dirty from the ground) and then walk into class, making sure to press the alarm button on the key chain so I could hear that neat little “chirp –chirp”.


I feel so utterly unprepared for my last two finals. I really have to get after it all day tomorrow and Monday morning. I have one final Monday afternoon and one first thing Tuesday morning.

No comments: